Who we are
Our website address is https://acegroupinc.au
ACE Group Inc.
Current ACE Registrar: Ingrid Chester
Our Postal address is: PO Box 224, Canungra Qld 4275 Australia
The Australian Conental Equestrian Group Inc. (ACE) is required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles in collecting, using, disclosing and disposing of Members’ personal information.
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify a person. The types of information ACE collects include Members’ names, addresses and other contact details and stud information.
The purposes for which ACE collects such information are as follows:
- To facilitate communication between Members.
- To communicate with Members including the distribution of newsletters.
- For administration purposes, including the distribution of information to Management Councils (Committee) and other Members for the purpose of identifying horses, completing registrations and transfers, obtaining breeding, stud services, and performance records, conducting sales and competitions, coaching clinics and the like.
- Maintaining ACE’s Online Stud Book and horse’s Certificate of Registration.
- Complying with ACE’s legal obligations.
In completing and returning to ACE any request by ACE for information relating to the Member, a Member will be considered to have consented to the collection of the information and to disclosure of the information for the purposes outlined above. If Members do not consent to such disclosure, formal notice in writing should be given to ACE. In this event, ACE will only use a Member’s personal information for the purpose of contacting the member, and any such information will not be disclosed to Management.
The Society will not disclose a Member’s personal information for any other purpose without the Member’s specific written consent.
In accordance with the National Privacy Principles, ACE will
- Personal information is kept secure.
- Personal information will be maintained accurately. Members should contact the Society to update any personal information that ACE holds relating to them.
- Personal information will be destroyed when it is no longer required for any purpose for which it was collected.
- Members may gain access to their personal information held by ACE and may correct it if necessary.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.